Friday, January 21, 2011

On My Way

My journey has begun. It's hard for me to sit down and write what I am thinking. I want to write elegant and meaningful compositions, but feel inadequate to do so. This i my first mission trip, so why am I going to Haiti of all places. why not some cushy place with my restrictions or danger? I have asked myself that several times. Why Haiti? It's funny that no one has asked me that. do others know something I don't? On January 12, 2010, the 7.0 earthquake made an already terrible life in Haiti even worse. i wanted to go then to help on a disaster relief team. well it took a year to get going. over the last year i have been working toward resolving why i want to go. i have been studying the culture, emailing the team at base camp, and "casting out" a stronghold i have had to materialism. while confession to my accountability partner that I fashion magazines trigger my overspending, she said "Yea, its like living in a fantasy." for a reason only God knows, I snapped. a stronghold came tumbling down. I don't want to live in a fantasy. I have since put away my "addiction" to fashion. maybe this trip to Haiti is a gift from God for my willingness to lay down that stronghold. Our team i going to move an orphanage from the hill country down to land recently purchased near base camp. this move will provide much needed support both physically and emotionally. I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment